Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sports Randomness

I'm really into sports. If people play it, I'll watch it. I played a lot of sports as a kid, and my love for pretty much every existing sport has flourished ever since. This weekend I added 3 events to my list of "must go there/see" in my lifetime.
The first place I just added is Scottsdale, Arizona. The reason: the 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale. I watched some of the coverage on this hole. It is like no other hole in the world. The tournament has put grand stands all around this short par 3 and made it into their own "stadium". I read a couple blogs on ESPN.com from writers who were there and instantly texted my brother saying that he should check it out. From everything that I read and watched, this is a hole that has an atmosphere in golf like no other.
The second place is to a Super Bowl site. I really want to go to a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I think if my Falcons ever make it, I will have to go. I am a big football fan and I think going to a city and experiencing all of the activities that lead up to the Super Bowl would be a must for me. Call me if you ever get tickets though.
The last thing that I added this weekend is to see Rafael Nadal play. Ideally, I want to see him play against Roger Federer. I watched their Australian Open final today, and I was absolutely blown away. I've watched both these guys play a lot on tv, but it seemed like today both of them raised their play to another level. It was amazing to watch these two guys hit powerful precise shots over and over. It just made me really wanna see both these guys play.

No comments:

Post a Comment