Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cover Letter

I don't agree with everything that the site says. I don't agree with the idea to add a postscript to it. This seems like it would make your cover letter less professional. I also disagree with the idea of adding testimonials to your cover letter. It seems like you should not include what others say about you when you are trying to show your knowledge about the company. It seems like you should just have a place for your recommendations included with your resume. I think it also wouldn't be a good idea to have an entire testimonial serve as your cover letter. I think the best advice it gives is to make sure it is specified to the job and person that will be reading it. I can see how it would be a bad idea to send out the same cover letter to multiple jobs. You want it to seem like you specifically want the job you are writing for, and a mass letter will not do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment