Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ethical Principles

The thing I learned from the ethical lapses that we discussed in class was that you need to be to know what your own ethical principles are and stick to them. The example of the nazi memo showed that the man writing the memo crossed a boundary with his set of ethical principles. He did not want to acknowledge the fact that what he was writing about was a terrible feat and he tried to hide what he was writing about. I learned that once you have set your principles you need to stick to them or else you are not being true to yourself. I think my own set of ethical principles is based around the idea that I will always do the right thing. I won't try to take the easy way out of things and I won't do something that puts me ahead and others behind. Having these set of principles will make it easier to make tough decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment